ISLAMABAD: Aloo Ki Bhujia, also called Potato Bhujia, is a renowned Pakistani dish featuring thinly sliced potatoes seasoned with spices.
This delectable and easily prepared dish serves well as a side dish or a main course. Aloo Ki Bhujia is ideal for potato enthusiasts; this dish is commonly paired with Puri or Paratha in Pakistani cuisine, although it also pairs well with rice and bread.
Here’s a simple recipe for Aloo Ki Bhujia:
4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced, 1 large onion, 2 green chilies, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon red chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds, salt to taste, 2 tablespoons oil, fresh coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Let them splutter.
- Add chopped green chilies and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add thinly sliced onions and cook until they become translucent.
- Mix well with turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt.
- Add the thinly sliced potatoes and toss them to coat evenly with the spices.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook on low to medium heat. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Cook until the potatoes are tender and cooked through. It may take around 15-20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, increase the heat to high and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes to get a slightly crispy texture.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Aloo Ki Bhujia is ready to be served. Enjoy it hot with roti, paratha, or rice. You can adjust the spice levels according to your preference. This simple and flavorful Aloo Ki Bhujia makes for a tasty and comforting dish.