ISLAMABAD: A few days ago, a false claim began to spread online insisting that the authorities have made it mandatory for the inhabitants of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and Balochistan to obtain a no-objection certificate before entering Punjab province. However, officials, authentic media reports and journalists said that the claim is baseless and there is no such official policy in place.
A social media account made the claim on November 26, and alleging that the media organization had also reported the same news. This post had been viewed more than 50,000 times on social media, reposted 205 times and also liked 319 times, at the time of writing.
However, authorities said that there is no policy that makes it mandatory for residents of Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to obtain a no-objection certificate to enter Punjab.
Rao Atif Raza, the deputy commissioner in Attock, told the media that the claims circulating on social media were not true and termed it baseless. Similarly, Muhammad Sikandar Gondal, the deputy superintendent of police in the Hazro tehsil of Attock said that the claims were baseless and false. Legal experts expressed deep concern over such social media posts and said that legal action should be taken against those elements, who are circulating such baseless posts.